Author Topic: Re : ALE and Police  (Read 2470 times)

jezzb

Re: Re : ALE and Police
« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2008, 11:50:33 AM »
Hi BaylinerCapri,

Regarding point 2, There is a particular letter size as well which one has to follow. I also wish to add that one needs to put the name of the boat on the Tender. Correct nameing is as follows: Tender to boatname. Tenders are to be used from boat to shore and vice versa only. People letting their kids running around in tenders will be fined. Last year I was stopped by ALE because I was fishing with a fishing rod on my tender, just outside il-Hofriet - Delimara.

In addition to point 4, you need to carry with you the registration certificate as well.
Regarding point 6 - is there a rule that you have to carry 2 x 3kgs fire extinguishers? I have 1 x 3kgs and 1 x 2 kgs on board. Even if there was no rule about this, it is always wise to carry at least one with you.

To be honest, I do not mind the ALE doing checks. At the end of the day it is for our own safety.

Jezzb

baylinercapri2052

Re : ALE and Police
« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2008, 11:05:07 AM »
1. Make sure that you have a life jacket for every person on board the boat;

2. Make sure that the Boat Registration numbers are black;

3. Make sure that you store a first aid kit on the boat;

4. Make sure that you carry the Nautical Licence and Boat Insurance Policy on board the boat,

5. Make sure that you have at least 4 sets of ropes and 4 fenders on board;

6. Make sure that you have at least 2x3kgs fire extinguishers on board

I listed the above-mentioned six points because on Sunday as i was going out from Marsaxlokk an ALE Boat stopped me to check what kind of equipment i have on board the boat. The ALE are becoming stricter than ever and they have a checklist for each and every registered boat.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30