Author Topic: Current state of the boat rental market  (Read 137 times)

Offline abernal

Re: Current state of the boat rental market
« Reply #3 on: 05 April, 2018, 12:03:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very interesting post. But I am not sure I want to rent out my boat to someone whom I don't know. There is the issue of insurance as well as this will have to be upgraded to cover this as well.

Admin

Thank you for your response. I understand that renting out our boat might not be the easiest for some of us, so we created an option to be a captain or to skipper the boat. We found that a lot of people that are native to their respective sailing region are very passionate about sharing their experiences. By opting for the skipper option, you still have complete control and can bring happiness to fellow travelers.

With regards to insurance, that is a very valid concern. As of now, we are in the process of partnering with insurance agencies. For example, in France we have a strong partnership with an insurance agency that provides very good coverage. In the near future, we're hoping to expand on this.

Thanks for your interest in the post!

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
  • Sailing by Passion
Re: Current state of the boat rental market
« Reply #2 on: 04 April, 2018, 08:35:16 PM »
Very interesting post. But I am not sure I want to rent out my boat to someone whom I don't know. There is the issue of insurance as well as this will have to be upgraded to cover this as well.

Admin

Offline abernal

Current state of the boat rental market
« Reply #1 on: 23 March, 2018, 10:41:54 AM »
Hello everyone!

Hope you are all doing well. I wasn't sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I'm quite excited to share this update with you.

More or less everyone knows airbnb. Over the past years, many companies have tried to apply the airbnb concept to the boating industry and just a few managed to have done it correctly. Money-speaking, this market is currently evaluated at $50 billion. Pretty big number, right? 

Anyway, back to the good stuff I wanted to share. We discovered that SamBoat is now 1st in the world for peer-to-peer boat rentals. When Boatsetter took over BoatBound, their figures were released and showed that they had collected a catalogue of 5,000 available boats since their inception, and registered $25 million in rental requests. We (Samboat) offer more than 20,000 boats and handled 34 million euros in booking requests for the same period. Wow!

So here it is, we are leading the peer-to-peer boat rental market!

By lurking (a lot) and participating (when my boss isn't near me) in different forums, I noticed there were really big differences of opinion between those for and against renting their boats. However, the "airbnb for boats" concept is developing fast and it might affect many of us - boat owners & boat-lovers.

We would love to have your point of view and insight!

Cheers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30